Wednesday, May 7, 2008

happiness

I tend to define myself by the fact that I do a lot of things, all at the same time. I like to be busy all of the time. Summer time for those of us on an academic calendar is right around the corner, and things have slowed down. Most of the activities i do all the time are finishing up for the school year and i have found myself with a lot more free time. It is an interesting thing to find, and it is starting to make me think about myself and the way I function as a person.

The last 8 months have honestly flown by, my life has changed a lot, and I think I have changed a lot over this period of time. Certain dates during this time have great importance to me which I feel like exploring. September 3rd, 2007 brought the end of a very long chapter of my life. I didn't know what to do with myself, and I became unsure of how to define myself. October 15th brought a hugely life changing decision when I bought my first house. February 12th was one of the happiest days I can remember, even if the way things happened weren't as planned. Some things happened in January and February that made me feel like I was completely insane...but things worked out in the end.

I guess what I am getting at is that I am happy. I am happy with my life and the way I am choosing to live it. I am happy with the things I am doing, the friends i have, the opportunities I have taken. I am playing pan all the time, I am a part of Apocalypso, I have absolutely amazing friends, I am dating an amazing guy, I am doing the things I want to do, I am making jewelry again, I have a garden, I got into grad school, and I have a pretty awesome job. Life isn't perfect, I'm not perfect, and things are not always good and happy, but for the first time in a good long while I am finally truly happy with the way things are right now.

I'm not really sure what it is that is making me feel like expressing all of this right now, but i am just going to go with it because I can. I have a lot of things I want to do, a lot things I want to see. I have a lot of things to work on, but I am happy to work on them! You make me happy, and I think you know who you are. I want you to know that.

No comments: