Tuesday, May 20, 2008

hormones and sleep deprivation

Sometimes it takes a lot to make me cry, and other times it doesn't take much. I cried for a good solid ten minutes last night while watching the finale of House. It isn't like this is a strange thing for me, I am a person, sad things make me sad, and if they are sad enough they make me cry.

It tends to take a lot of shit going wrong to make me cry, usually it involves things like getting kicked out of my house, or being stalked. Sometimes I'll cry if I'm particularly lonely. Sometimes music makes me cry, however that tends to be a good sort of crying. I am a rather emotional person, but I tend to express it in other ways.

I am feeling sad tonight, and really I don't know why. I had a strange day at work, but I had a great afternoon and evening hanging out with the kids from the steel band, Don and Thom, and yet I was sad by the time I got home. I am going to have to blame this on hormones, because really, that is what this is all about. Normally I have pretty good control over these sorts of things, but tonight...not so much. I'm pretty sure it also has a lot to do with the fact that I am overly tired.

The whole point of this really is to explain how amazingly happy one little phone call made me tonight. Knowing that you care enough to call to see why I am feeling sad made me cry, but a wonderfully happy sort of cry. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it is true.
You make me so happy, I just don't know how to tell you that without coming off sounding cheesy or something...

Thank you Thom.

No comments: